A Beginner’s Guide to Investing in China
Zacks Friday Finish Line: February 17, 2017– KraneShares' Chief Investment Officer, Brendan Ahern, sat down with Ryan McQueeney and Mandy Johnson of the Zacks Friday Finish Line podcast to discuss investing in China and China's capital markets.
Topics covered in the segment:
- Brendan Ahern's background as a member of the Barclays Global Investors (BGI) team and an subsequent early employee of iShares by BlackRock
- The founding of KraneShares and the investment philosophy behind the firm
- Common misconceptions US investors have around China
- Different Chinese share classes and exchanges where Chinese companies list
- The rise of domestic consumption in China, and "new China" vs. "old China" sectors of China's economy.
Correction: In the podcast Brendan references data from 6/30/2015 stating the Shanghai and Shenzhen Stock Exchanges are the third and fifth largest respectively, they are currently the fourth and seventh largest respectively, according to the World Federation of Exchanges as of 1/31/2017.
Smart Beta: an investment style where a manager passively follows an index designed to take advantage of perceived systematic biases or inefficiencies in the market. Smart beta funds typically offer the low cost of a passive ETF, while potentially enhancing returns compared to the performance of a target general market (beta).
The KraneShares ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Company (SIDCO), 1 Freedom Valley Drive, Oaks, PA 19456, which is not affiliated with Krane Funds Advisors, LLC, the Investment Adviser for the Fund. Additional information about SIDCO is available on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.