Replay: MSCI China A-Share Inclusion Decision 2017
MSCI China A-Share Inclusion Decision 2017
This June Mainland Chinese equities (A-shares) are again up for inclusion into MSCI’s definition of China within their Global Standard Indexes. Why is this important to global investors? MSCI indexes have $10 trillion in benchmarked assets with $1.6 trillion tracking the MSCI Emerging Markets Index alone1. The inclusion could trigger significant inflows into Mainland Chinese equities.
We believe there has been a positive change in the tone of this year’s consultation released by MSCI leading up to the decision.
The webinar covers the following topics:
- Regulatory changes in China
- Improved access to the Mainland markets
- Our interpretation of MSCI's recent China A-share consultation
- Valuation and correlation implications of China A-shares on portfolios, with or without inclusion
- Brendan Ahern – Chief Investment Officer
- Mark Schlarbaum – Managing Partner
- Dr. Xiaolin Chen – Head of Investment Solutions
1.) Data from MSCI as of 6/30/2016, as reported on 9/30/2016, retrieved 5/01/2017
Click here for KBA standard and monthly performance
The KraneShares ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Company (SIDCO), 1 Freedom Valley Drive, Oaks, PA 19456, which is not affiliated with Krane Funds Advisors, LLC, the Investment Adviser for the Fund. Additional information about SIDCO is available on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.