Replay: China Healthcare – Opportunities From One Of The Fastest Growing Major Global Healthcare Markets
Note: The above presentation was originally held on June 21, 2018. Fund performance and holdings information have been updated as of 3/31/2018.
Overview of China’s Healthcare Market:
- China currently has the fastest growing major healthcare market in the world with a five-year compound annual growth rate of 17%, compared to just 4% in the United States, and -2% in Japan1.
- China is the second largest healthcare market globally with total healthcare expenditure reaching $594 billion in 20151. A number projected to reach $1.1 trillion by 20202.
- There is still opportunity for considerable growth in China’s healthcare market with per capita health spending at just $420, compared to an average of over $5,800 for the world’s top eight healthcare markets in terms of per capita expenditure3.
- China’s aging population, rising incomes and increasing urbanization may provide a sustained catalyst for growth in China’s healthcare sector.
What is covered in the webinar:
- China’s healthcare ecosystem including: patent and generic pharmaceuticals, hospital administration, biotechnology, medical equipment production, healthcare IT, and traditional Chinese medicine.
- Companies that benefit from China’s growing middle class, aging population, favorable policies and other growth trends.
- Potential benefits of the KraneShares MSCI All China Health Care Index ETF (Ticker: KURE) for portfolios.
This webinar is intended for educational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. All opinions or views expressed in this article are current only as of the date of this webinar and are subject to change without notice.
- Major healthcare markets defined as top five global markets by the World Health Organization. Data from the World Health Organization as of 12/31/2015 retrieved 01/29/2018
- International Trade Association, “2016 Top Markets Report Pharmaceuticals, 2016”. Retrieved 01/26/2018.
- Data from IMS Market Prognosis, 10/2016.
The KraneShares ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Company (SIDCO), 1 Freedom Valley Drive, Oaks, PA 19456, which is not affiliated with Krane Funds Advisors, LLC, the Investment Adviser for the Fund. Additional information about SIDCO is available on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.